Sunday, May 4, 2008

One step at a time

Caden is walking. He's been taking steps for about a month now, as many as 15. But on Wednesday, I was working so he went to his babysitters house. She has a boy who is 1 1/2 months older than Caden and he is walking. I think that's what gave Caden the itch to start. He saw Brayden doing it, and figured he had to do the same. So, since then, he's been walking more and more. He does still crawl, but walking is becoming more and more. Its so cute to see. He's been able to get up from sitting to standing for a few months now, so when he falls from walking, he can just get right back up. Its kinda nice, cause I'm used to kids that are learning how to walk, crawling to a piece of furniture when they fall. This is easier on him, and I think it makes him walk more.
Although I'm excited that he's walking, it also saddens me slightly. This is just the next step to him growing up. In no time he's gonna be off to Kindergarten. What happens to our babies? Someone asked me yesterday how old Caden was now. I told her that in 3 weeks, he'd be 1. She thought I was going to say that he was only 8 months. Part of me wishes he still was.
Lately I've been thanking God more and more for Caden. I feel so blessed to have him in my life. I can't even imagine what it would be like without him. Its just so natural. I've been fighting with feelings of not having any more kids. I don't want to take away from time with Caden. I don't want to feel that I am neglecting him. Of course, we're gonna have more kids. I'm not crazy enough to have an only child. And I would still like it to be sooner than later. But I just want to give my kids everything that I can. All the attention that they need. Time goes by so fast. I've been trying to take in every moment. All the firsts. I want to etch them in my mind and never forget them. How blessed I am to have a husband who loves me, and a son that is everything to me. Thank you God!!! I'm in love with a boy. :-)

No comments: