Tuesday, May 6, 2008

Burn baby burn!!

I have spent the last 2 days outside, raking my yard. I have a large yard, so this is no small feat. In the tree rows, around the tree rows. And I've barely put a dent into it. Aside from getting down on my hands and knees, I will not be able to get all the leaves out from in between my lilacs. It is too piled up and the rake doesn't fit. Maybe one day I'll be bored enough to get in there. But boy, the areas that I have finished sure look good. It is great to live in the country where I can burn everything. Although I have to say that leaves do not burn very well. Kinda disappointing. I have also discoverd that I am a bit of a pyro. I love to burn things. It makes me happy to stand there and continue adding 'fuel' to the fire. That may have something to do with why I am raking so much. More leaves = more fire. I only got a little upset when I had to rake up dog crap. Do I have a dog....NO I DON'T. and yet, I clean up dog crap. Why? Because there are too many dogs in this village who are not tied up. But what do you do when you live in a small village where you know everyone. Deal with it I guess.
I've also put approx 20 kms on our 4 wheeler in the last 2 days. Caden absolutely loves going around the village on the 4 wheeler. When we get back home, he gets upset and wants to go again. Its so cute. Now that he can walk, it makes it even more difficult to keep him away from the 4 wheeler cause he can just walk over to it. I'm still waiting for the days to be warm enough that he can be outside without a sweater on. I know it'll come, but I'm so impatient.
Today, I finally got to making Cadens birthday party invitations. His party is on May 25th so I figured I need to do them once. Now I just have to email them to wal-mart and hand them out. I'm so excited. I also need to get to his 1 year cards. Next week I'm hoping it'll be nice enough to have a photo shoot day and get some really great shots for the picture. I only have 2 1/2 weeks left till he's one. I gotta get on it!

No comments: