Friday, May 16, 2008

Grow Grow Grow!!!!

Well, I've begun my garden. Although I was disappointed this morning...no, I was down right mad...about the crappy weather, meaning the rain, it has turned into a beautiful day. I was able to plant about half of my garden this morning. Watermelon, musk melon, zucchini, peas, green and yellow beans, romaine lettuce, and the first batch of corn. I'm hoping to get the beets in yet this afternoon when Caden naps. Then I have to buy the seeds for everything else, as well as tomato and pepper plants. Thats what next Tuesday is for. Feels good to have it started though.

I am off to Grand Forks for the weekend with my Mom and SIL Amy. I am so looking forward to it. I've got alot of shopping to do, and luckily I've been saving up for this so I also won't be feeling bad for spending alot of money. :-) I am a little sad though that a perfectly good weekend is going to be wasted inside a hotel and stores. But I'm just telling myself that it is May, and there are going to be alot more nice weekends. I'm going to enjoy today as much as I can.

Tonight Caden and I are off to Chris and Shars for a fire. (Rob is gone fishing with my Dad and brother Rick). Definitely hoping this crazy wind dies down. Its not really condusive to fires thats for sure.

Anyway, enough time wasted inside on the computer. Cadens ready for a nap...beets here I come.

No comments: