Thursday, October 16, 2008

Clean Sink

Finally, after living in our current house for over 3 years, I got my sink clean. Truthfully, I'd written it off. Didn't think there was any way to get it clean. I mean, its not like it was super dirty, it just had these 'spots' on it that no matter how much I scrubbed, they wouldn't come off. I'd wipe it, and while it was wet, it'd look clean. Then I'd walk by later and get mad. 'Who dirtied my sink'. Well, my mom told me to use SOS pads. What a wonder. Took off those pesky water stains, the little bit of rust and anything else that was stuck on. Its amazing what a difference that makes. Now, I'm gonna try it on our bath tub. I'll take before and after pics of that one to show you.

4 comments:

Jo-Refoh said...

I found a miracle cleaner thru a neighbor. having never lived in the country before, I did not know the pain in the a*s rust stains that would have to be removed from my bathtub every week. This stuff is called KRC-7. It is absolutely amasing. It cleans off rust and other buildup without scrubbing. It is thick like shampoo, and all I do is make 1 line all around my bathtub (or toilet, or sink) and with a rubber glove on I'll spread it all around. Let it sit for 6 minutes and then wash it off. You don't need to scrub at all, scrubbing will not help. My bath tub looks brand new every time I do it. Some times, depending on my water softnes level, it will be clean for 3 weeks. The big bottle costs about $18 and should last a good year. I am never with out the stuff. I finished my bottle last week, and will be getting somemore tomorrow. The only place that sells it here in Steinbach is EG Penner building center. So I don't know where you'll find it. If your interested, but can't find it in your area let me know. We'll work something out.

Heather said...

I have never had cleaner bathtubs or sinks since starting to use Norwex. We have become basically chemical free in our household and not only is it easy with Norwex cloths.. things are sparkley and best of all I am not hurting my children by putting all sorts of chemicals into the air (and the big one for me is the bathtub.. not somewhere I want to use any sort of chemical that they will sit in) And it's proven that any sort of chemical cleaning product actually just masks all the bacteria and makes it harder to clean and dirtier.. just my two cents! :)

Jo-Refoh said...

I just don't believe that Norwex can clean rust stains and what-not off surfaces. I hope to be proven wrong, though. I am all for cleaning with out chemicals. And geez, I do wash the tub out with soap and water after I clean it with chemicals, before anyone has a bath in it. Is that not a given??

Heather said...

i could prove you wrong and of course i know you rinse it out...