Friday, July 16, 2010

Summer fun

We have been enjoying the crap out of summer this year. As much as I love living in the country, it has been nice to have a taste of town life this summer. I can go for a walk to places and to parks instead of just around the village. If i forget to pick up milk, its no big deal. I just go.

My parents also live on an awesome bay. It is completely old people other than my parents so I can even let caden ride his bike on the street and not worry about fast cars coming by. All the neighbors know him already.

The other day, I was getting ready to head out to cater, and was getting the kids stuff all packed up to take them to a sitter. I looked outside and saw Caden across the bay sitting on one of the neighbors bench that they have set up in a little circle on their yard. I walked over there and he told me he was just there visiting. He asked if I also wanted to stay and visit. I told him we had to leave. That couple is so sweet. They've really taken to Caden like there own grand kids.


Our house is coming along. Rob put the basement windows in yesterday and moved a few big things into the basement. Tomorrow his dad and our neighbor are going to help him build the stairs and close off the entrance from the outside. I am so excited for that to happen because then I can start moving things downstairs and make a little more room upstairs. Things are still moving along well. I'm getting a little anxious to be in our new house now. I wanna organize and decorate and do all that fun stuff.

I need to draw up a rough plan of our upstairs and bring it in to my cousin, who is a painter. She's gonna come up with some ideas on what I should do in the house. Mostly for the bedrooms, cause I think i know what I want in the rest of the house. But i'm excited for her input. I wanna stay pretty neutral this time. In our other house, there was not a single white wall. I still don't want white. But a red kitchen, yellow living room, brown and blue kids room and blue bedroom is a little too much color.

Tomorrow my mom and I are catering for the Oak Ridge Boys. They are coming to the concert hall here in town. We get to serve them lunch and supper, and then we are going to the 9:00 concert. I am so excited. I grew up listening to them, cause my dad listened to them. I am taking him to the concert as his fathers day/birthday present.

I am a little under the weather today with a bit of a head cold. Its not fun, and I hope I feel better tomorrow. I had things I wanted to do today, like make more clips, go swimming with Caden and even go to the park. Oh well, theres always next week.

and now, a few recent pictures.






1 comment:

Kalle said...

Sounds like a great summer. And congrats on the catering jobs! The house sounds like it's really coming along.