Friday, April 4, 2008

M.C.C

So last night, our care group, as well as the other young marrieds care group, made our way out to Plum Coulee to the MCC warehouse. Now I had never been there before, although some had. I gotta say, I really enjoyed my time. Its incredible what they do there. We finished loading a crate, which is going to North Korea. I spent my evening folding blankets, while others did the bailing, some cut out squares of material to bring to schools for kids to draw on, and then later make into a blanket. Others were packing school kits, and still more were loading up the crate. Its amazing what all goes out of this warehouse. In a little less than 4 years, 7 million dollars of stuff have gone out. Wow. I would really like to go out again sometime. It feels good to give back. Especially when we were told that the blankets we were folding mostly go to refugee camps. So sad. Its unbelievable how many blankets there were. And volunteers make them all. I know I have helped my Grandma make a few, and she's done many more than that, and so have many other 'Grandmas'. Its so great. After we were done there, we all headed out to Wes and Ashleys house for food and fellowship. It was great to get to know some people from the other care group. All in all it was a great experience. I encourage everyone to think about heading up a group to go out to the MCC warehouse.

No comments: