Wednesday, March 10, 2010

Shower

Last night we had a bridal shower for my soon to be sil, Michelle. It was at my moms house, and her and I spent the day making food and planning games. We had about 20 people over. It was a great time. Michelle got some awesome gifts. Makes me sad that I will never again have a shower. They are so much fun, and the haul you get is awesome. I'm a little jealous that she gets to put all this new stuff into her new house. Anyway, this was the cake that I made for the shower. Turned out pretty good I think. I'm no Amanda Hildebrand cake maker...lol...but I enjoyed making this cake. Took me about 5 hours to do everything from making the flowers, to baking the cakes and icing it. I had some help from my mom too, in rolling out the balls.


5 comments:

Amanda said...

Woo hoo! A shoutout! Thanks. I think your cake turned out great! It's amazing how long it takes, eh?

Are you done having babies? (I'm assuming this from the 'no shower' comment that you said.)

Kristin said...

Amazing job on the cake Jamy! It looks awesome!

Kalle said...

That cake is awesome! way to go.

Jamy said...

Oh we're not done having babies. But you only get a shower for the first one and thats long done. :-)

Gina said...

The cake looks great! As for no more showers, I just said to my husband the other night, that I think you should get one again after you have been married 10 years!