Saturday, November 15, 2008

Potty training, Doctors, Words

Based on the last few days, I really wish Caden was potty trained. I don’t know if he’s getting his 2 year molars, or just has a little bug, but his diapers have been….full. Not to mention what comes out of the diaper onto his clothes and body. I’ve washed his bedding twice, as well as several loads of laundry and he’s had many baths/showers. Ewwww!!!
Obviously I’m not really going to potty train him yet, although I have to say, I am looking forward to it. I’m sure I’ll change my mind on that when I am actually doing it, but we’ll see. It seems crazy that its so close to that time. I hope to have him trained before he’s 2. To me, that’s just the age when kids are supposed to be trained by. I guess because when I was younger and babysitting, the kids were always trained by 2. Besides, who wants to keep changing diapers if you don’t have to.
On Wednesday we went for Cadens 18 month appointment. I never really see the point of these appointments. I only go because I want to know how heavy and tall he is. I suppose its important to go, but the doctor barely looks at him for more than a minute. It seems that she wouldn’t even notice if anything was wrong. Oh well. Anyway, Caden is 30 lbs, and 29 ½’’ tall.
New words for Caden: Socks, Cheese, No, Blocks. This brings us up to about 30 words. So exciting. His newest thing is to say Mom, all the time. It was cute at first, but now its getting annoying. And the worst thing is, he usually doesn’t say I cause he wants something, he says it just to get me to say ‘what’. Crazy kid.

1 comment:

Amy said...

LOL, noticed this on Saterday, he would stop everything he was going and walk around "Mam, mam, mam" until one of us would acknowledge, ask him what, or say you were coming soon, and then okay back to playing.